Getting the right maid service requires a lot of effort from you, but it’s not impossible. Remember these 5 things to know before hiring a maid service and you won’t have problems:
1. Are they local?
It’s better to deal with local maid service companies as you’ll have easy access to them. There are also franchises of national maid service companies, but make sure to check if they’ve got a valid franchise.
2. What’s their credentials?
Hire a reputable company. Always check their qualifications:
- License – for both local and national companies
- BBB accreditation
- Membership in reputable house cleaning association
3. Do they offer warranty?
Good maid service companies provide good service. But be realistic and always anticipate the worse thing. It’s important, therefore, to consider the warranties offered by the company. Check if they have:
- Insurance – for protection of your house from damages
- Workers compensation – to be not liable if their workers suffer personal injury while working
- Bond – to protect you from possible crimes of workers
4. What services can they provide?
See to it that you ask:
- Can they clean your furniture?
- Are they going to bring their equipment?
- Do they have the right equipment to clean your premises and appliances?
5. Who’ll clean?
Knowing the person who’ll clean your house. Check with the company if they’ve done a thorough background check on their employees. Also ask if they have supervisors who can inspect the job.